With the world wide patent pending "Double Action Release mechanism", ATS has shattered the conventional pull type clutch concept.
* With the unique Double Action Release Mechanism, the new pull type clutches provide an incredibly easy operation for both street and race track.
* Clutch pedal effort is 11kg to 12kg which is slighlty lighter than stock. The pedal effort of the 1,700kg version is 15 % to 20 % heavier than stock.
* The clutch engagement point is in the middle of the pedal stroke and there is not much difference from the stock organic clutch
* Compared to the conventional pull type clutch, the ATS pull type gives the driver a wider engagement (slipping) point for much easier launch
* Crisp and very sharp disengagment
* It comes with ATS wedge collar and you can use the stock throwout bearing (except for Evo 10 for which requires the Evo 9 stock throwout bearing)
Double Action Release (world wide patent pending)
It is a unique activation system invented by ATS. A high performance clutch tends to ose a crisp engagement when the emphasis is placed on the softer/milder engagemnet with extensive use of slipping the clutch. On the other hand, a clutch aimed for a sharp and crisp engegemnet often is very difficult to drive on the street due to an on-off type engagement. ATS has solved this performance dilemma by introducing the double action release mechanism.
The diaphragm spring for the new pull clutch has 6 long fingers and 12 short fingers. When disengaging a clutch (when you are pressing the clutch pedal), the long fingers are first pulled and then short ones follow. At around 70% pressing the pedal, all 18 fingers are pulled and the clutch provides a fast / crisp shift. When the clutch is engaging, the reverse takes place. The short 12 fingers are released from the bearing first and the remaining 6 long fingers generates an ideal slipping and mild engagement.
Furthermore, this new system offers a better disengagement performance at a very high rpm. It reduces the shifting time at high rpm significantly.
|Unit Of Measure||each|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other TME Motorsport users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.